So I've been having problems with my wii lately.
Yes, ok, I'll wait for you to stop snickering. Done? Great.
Ever since update #2, I've had lots of issues connecting to any of the nintendo content, including updates and the store. Thinking it was my wireless settings, I tried every combination of security and channel settings, etc. that I could but nothing made it better. Oddly enough, using the regular internet was nice and speedy.
Finally, I took notice of a setting I had constantly skipped over in the Wii wireless options, MTU. It was set to 0 all that time, which meant almost nothing to me.
After looking up MTU on wikipedia and learning a thing or two, I decided to set the MTU setting to 1488. The difference was immediate. It was almost like having an entirely different service. My wii suddenly couldn't be stopped.
And you're snickering again... I give up.